Community Board 2, Queens
Serving the Communities of Long Island City, Sunnyside,
Woodside and Maspeth



How do I become a member of Community Board 2?

The Borough President and Council Members appoint Community Board Members.  At least one half of the appointed members must be selected by City Council Members.  The other half are selected by the Borough President. 

The Community Board has up to 50 voting members, one half of which are appointed each year.  Board members must be New York City residents who live in or have a business, professional, or other significant interest in the district. Board Members serve on the Community Board for 2 year terms.

You can obtain a board membership application by calling or writing to Community Board 2.

Once appointed to the Community Board, a member must serve on at least one committee.

How do I get on the Community Board 2 Mailing List?

Call or write to Community Board 2, 43-22 50th Street, Woodside, NY 11377 to request that you be placed on the mailing list. You must provide your name, address, telephone number, and email address.

When does Community Board 2 meet?

Community Board 2 meets the first Thursday of each month at 7:00 pm.  The meetings are held at:  Sunnyside Community Services, 43-31 39th Street, Ground Floor, Sunnyside, NY  11104.

How do I know which Community Board I belong to?

You may find out which Community Board you belong to by visiting website.  Scroll to the Department of Buildings page.  Under the BIS Query, “My Community”, type in your borough and address, click submit.  At the very top of the Property Profile Overview you will see which Community Board you belong to.  Queens Community Board 2 is listed as 402.

Who are my representatives at Borough Hall, City Hall, Albany and Washington?

Residents of Community Board 2 are represented at Borough Hall, City Hall, Albany and Washington by a variety of legislators.  To find out who your elected officials are, visit www.whorepresentsme? New York City (NYPIRG’s Community Mapping Assistance Project) and type in your address and zip code.

How do I apply for a Street Activity Permit?

You may obtain a Street Activity Permit application by visiting the Community Board 2 office, 43-22 50th Street, 2nd Floor, Woodside, NY.  You may also apply on on-line by visiting

How do I get a tree planted in front of my home?

You may make your request for a street tree by calling Community Board 2 at (718) 533-8773 or by calling “311”. 


Sponsored by Con Ed

Community Board 2, Queens.
43-22 50th st Woodside NY 11377

Community Board 2, Queens © 2010
Site by Webline Designs